Jennifer L. Short, PhD, R. Psych. Dr. Short is a Registered Psychologist with a clinical practice in south west Calgary. She provides therapeutic services to parents, children, and families. These services include individual, couples, and family counselling.
In addition to the provision of therapeutic services, Dr. Short provides divorce-related forensic services such as parenting-time/parenting responsibility assessments (previously known as bilateral custody and access assessments), Practice Note 7′s, psychological testing, parent coordination, co-parent counselling, and parental fitness evaluations. She is also proficient in sexual risk assessments and violence risk assessments for adolescents and adults. Other areas of clinical focus and experience include treatment for first responders and their families.
Dr. Short’s Alberta Registration Number is #3555.
If you would like to contact Dr. Short, she may be reached via email: email@example.com
CV: Jennifer L. Short, PhD, R. Psych.
PhD in Forensic Psychology
Walden University (2018)
Dissertation: Between-Group Differences Among Age-Based Typologies of Juvenile Sexual Offenders
Master of Counselling
Campus Alberta Applied Psychology (2008)
Thesis: What Counselling Psychologists Need to Know About Resiliency in Children and Adolescents – Awarded exemplary status by the University of Lethbridge
Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter (2008)
Calgary Remand Center (2007)
BA, Major in Psychology:
University of British Columbia (1996)
- 2014: The Perspectives Program - Presented at the Alberta Family Mediation Society and Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Alberta Chapter Joint Conference in Calgary, Alberta.
- 2011: Addressing Sexually Abusive Behaviours of Adolescents - Presented at the 3rd Annual Conference for the Alberta Association of Services for Children and Families in Edmonton, Alberta.
Professional Organizations & Affiliations:
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers
- Canadian Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Psychologists Association of Alberta
Amundson, J. K., & Short, J. L. (2018). Risk regulation in high-conflict parenting. Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 1-10. doi:10.1080/10502556.2018.1458205
Short, J. L., & Russell-Mayhew, S. (2009). What Counsellors Need to Know About Resiliency in Adolescents. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 31(4), 213-228.